At our school we have a caring transition programme that supports new starters and their parents or carers.
Our brilliant early years team hold :
- An open morning to enable parents and their children to see our school alive and learning;
- An information evening to welcome new parents to our school community;
- Transition sessions – welcoming the children into class for team building activities and new parents to meet each other at coffee afternoons
- A teddy bears picnic – welcoming parents and their children to enjoy an afternoon with children from the school, making friends before September comes;
- Home visits (or school based if preferred) to enable the building of relationships;
- Visits to pre-school settings to play alongside the new starters;
- Early in the new term, learning meetings and information sessions.
Acorns class is a fabulous learning environment where our children’s well-being is at the forefront of everything we do. With high levels of achievement, outstanding learning behaviour and oodles of laughter it is an excellent place to start your child’s learning journey.